This recipe can be broadly interpreted, sort of like a quiche.
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 large tomatillo, diced
- 1 cooked ear of corn, removed from the cob
- 1 green chili, banana pepper or other mild “hot” pepper
- 1/2 cup of some other veggie, sliced thin or par-cooked. Carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.
- 1.5 to 2 cups grated cheese. Sharp cheddar is nice.
- Chili powder
- 8 tortillas, I prefer whole wheat.
Preheat oven to 375. Lay out 4 tortillas on a cookie sheet, divide vegetables among them. Sprinkle herbs onto veggies, layer on the cheese and cover with remaining 4 tortillas. Bake for 6 minutes, flip, and bake for another 6 to 8 minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
If you’re going to use meat, you’ll need to cook it separately first.